September 27, 2013
When you’re missing teeth, it isn’t just an inconvenience; many patients find it hard to even eat or speak properly when faced with the situation, much less share their incomplete smile with friends and colleagues. Whether you’re experiencing unsightly gaps because of an injury, old age, or simply a sweet tooth, there’s no reason to feel embarrassed – the last thing you’ll find at Resnick and Rosenfeld, DDS in Edison, NJ is unfair judgment. Instead, our team will be more than happy to provide you with tooth replacement solution that best fits your unique needs. Whether you’re missing just one pearly white or quite a few, dentures are a smart and sturdy solution that patients have been relying on for decades – and with the help of Dr. Resnick and Dr. Rosenfeld, they could be the right choice for you too!
There are several different times of dentures available, including:
Partial dentures (often just referred to as partials) consist of multiple teeth on a gum-colored base, and they’re specifically constructed for each unique patient; in fact, they’re similar to a puzzle piece, fitting into one’s smile in just the right way so as to fill in gaps. They’re held in place with the help of clips or brackets and can be easily removed for cleaning or sleeping.
A full denture is very similar to a partial; the only difference is that it is designed to replace the entire front or bottom row of teeth. It’s held in place by natural suction and usually with the help of a little dental adhesive.
Implant-Supported Dentures and Partials
Dental implants can help add an extra layer of stability and permanence to your new dentures by anchoring them! The results are much more natural looking, and you won’t have to worry about unnecessary slippage.
Contact our Edison dental office today to schedule an appointment! Our team is committed to providing patients with kind, thorough care that puts their comfort first. We also serve the areas of Clark, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Westfield, Colonia, and beyond.
September 20, 2013
Perfectly aligned teeth can be a truly valuable asset, both in professional and social settings where first impressions make all the difference. Sadly, though, many of us aren’t blessed with a smile that’s naturally straight, and no amount of diligent brushing or flossing can make much of a difference. You may have considered traditional braces, but as an adult, this method can seem out of reach – after all, noticeable results can take multiple years to develop, and you don’t want to have to spend all that time feeling like you’re back in middle school. But what can you do? Drs. Resnick and Rosenfeld have the solution: Invisalign. With the help of Invisalign, patients in Edison and beyond can achieve the beautiful smile they’ve always dreamed of seamlessly!
The process is simple enough – our team here at Resnick and Rosenfeld, DDS, we’ll provide you with a series of clear aligners that have customized for your unique smile. All you have to do is wear each of them in order for the appropriate amount of time. Once you’re done with one set, simply move onto the next aligner in the sequence! Paired with only a few brief appointments at our office over time where we can check your progress, Invisalign treatment is simple, quick, and easy.
Benefits of Invisalign include:
- A near-invisible appearance – just like the name suggests, the aligners are clear and natural-looking, helping you to improve your smile without being forced to sacrifice your appearance in the process.
- Easy removability – you won’t have to make any annoying changes to your diet or oral healthcare routine!
- Much more comfort – the wires and brackets traditional braces use are often unpleasant and can cut into your oral tissue. Invisalign avoids these pitfalls with its smooth, customized aligners.
- Shorter treatment time – unlike regular braces, which can take two years or more to be fully successful, Invisalign treatment is usually completed in just 12-18 months.
Contact our Edison practice today to schedule an appointment! Drs. Resnick and Rosenfeld can’t wait to give you a reason to smile. We also welcome patients from Clark, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Westfield, Colonia, and beyond.
Edison Patients Can Transform Their Smiles for the Better with Cosmetic Dentistry Services from Resnick and Rosenfeld, DDS
September 13, 2013
While maintaining optimal oral health is crucial, many patients also find themselves yearning to experience a smile that’s white, straight, and simply beautiful. This is understandable – a polished look can make a great first impression in all kinds of situations, from leading a presentation at work to meeting a blind date for the first time. If you weren’t gifted with naturally beautiful teeth, though, it can be difficult to overcome common visual flaws such as stains, gaps, and crookedness. Thankfully, Drs. Resnick and Rosenfeld understand the power of a stunning smile; that’s why they offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry services here at their Edison, NJ practice. Our team will be sure to find the solution that best fits your unique features and goals!
Available cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Zoom! Whitening – lift stains or discoloration seamlessly and enjoy a revitalized, shining smile! We offer both in-office whitening (which only takes around an hour to complete) and at-home kits.
- Porcelain Veneers – are you suffering from several issues that need attention? Veneers can give your smile a do-over, covering gaps, chips, cracks, and much more.
- Metal-free Crowns and Bridges – cover up unsightly damage and even missing teeth with beautiful, natural looking solutions.
- Invisalign – straighten your smile quickly and seamlessly with no metal required.
Contact Resnick and Rosenfeld, DDS today if you have any questions about our various cosmetic dentistry services, or if you’re ready to go ahead and schedule an appointment! Our team is dedicated to providing smiles of all shapes and sizes with comprehensive dental care that leaves teeth happier and healthier than ever before. In addition to Edison, we also serve the areas of Clark, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Westfield, Colonia, and beyond.
September 6, 2013
Your kids have returned to school by now, and the first day of fall is coming up quickly. It’s time to shed those swimsuits, put away the suitcases, and start fresh! Why not begin with your smile? If you’ve been in the market for a new dental office and can’t seem to find a good fit, try visiting Dr. Resnick and Dr. Rosenfeld here in Edison, NJ! With our variety of dental services, fine-tuned treatments, and friendly team, you’ll be sure to find all you’re looking for a more. If you’re new to our website, here are some helpful links that can show you more of what we’re about:
- Services page – learn more about exactly what we can offer you and your teeth, from simple check-ups to much more transformative care that can finally give you the smile of your dreams!
- Smile Gallery – feel free to take a look at some of the other patients we’ve treated over the years! This way, you can see our work firsthand and get a good idea of what to expect when you come into our office for treatment.
- Favorite Links – we believe strongly in patient education; after all, it’s easier to undergo our services when you know exactly what to expect. On this page, you can peruse several educational pages and gain knowledge about common dental procedures and solutions.
- New Patient Forms – if you’re looking forward to your first appointment with us, make the process much simpler with our uploaded patient forms! You can download and fill them out from the comfort of your own home, saving you valuable time in the office and allowing us to get to work that much faster.
Contact Resnick and Rosenfeld, DDS, today to schedule an appointment! We’ll be sure to leave your teeth happier and healthier than ever before. In addition to Edison, we also welcome patients from Clark, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Westfield, Colonia, and beyond.