February 13, 2018
You’ve always desired to have a perfect smile, but maybe you’ve thought at times that your wants are superficial and unimportant, so you’ve put them on the “backburner.” The reality, though, is that the condition of your smile may be more important than you could have ever imagined. For starters, the way you view yourself impacts how you interact with other people, and studies show that one-third of Americans say the first thing they notice about a person is his or her smile. So whether you know it or not, you’re being evaluated. That’s why your local dentist is eager to inform you about how you can rewrite your script for success with cosmetic dentistry in Edison.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the branch of oral care that focuses mainly on the aesthetic qualities of your smile. There are several different modalities that fall under this category, including:
- Porcelain Veneers – Consisting of thin ceramic shells, veneers fit over your slightly misaligned, crooked, stained or gapped front teeth, to present an image of perfection to the people you encounter.
- Metal-Free Restorations – The days are gone where you have to settle for restorations with unnatural silvery appearances that alert the world that you’ve had some dental work done. Metal-free restorations offer natural looking applications that allow you to maintain your dignity.
- Invisalign Clear Braces – You equally don’t want to endure metal brackets and wires in your mouth, which is why Invisalign clear braces are such an attractive option for straightening your teeth. So instead of wearing traditional braces that have to be uncomfortably adjusted, you’ll simply wear insert trays that are discarded every two weeks or so.
- Direct Cosmetic Bonding – Direct bonding is an excellent option for patients dealing with minor gaps, staining or chips. Your dentist in Edison will apply a compound resin to the affected area, shape and then harden the material to deliver a look of perfection.
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening – Nobody wants to present a smile that is stained or dull. Thus, the Zoom! Teeth Whitening method offers a safe way to deliver professional strength whitening that can brighten your teeth as much as eight shades, leaving you with a smile that lights up the room.
The Other Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
When discussing the benefits of cosmetic dentistry, the conversation usually centers on the aesthetic benefits. The reality, though, is that many of the above procedures also offer functional improvements. For example, the Invisalign process will deliver a beautiful smile, but it will also allow you to chew and digest your food better, Furthermore, you will be able to speak with more clarity when you have correctly aligned teeth.
Then there are the more intangible benefits like improved self-esteem. Studies show that when you feel better about yourself, your hormonal output is more balanced, which translates into better health.
So to take control of your mental state and physical appearance, just reach out to your Edison dentist and schedule a consultation to discuss your desires with one of the three highly accomplished and experienced dentists at Resnick & Rosenfield DDS.
About the Author
Dr. David Rosenfeld graduated from the Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery in New York City. A member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, he regularly attends national meetings in both implant and cosmetic dentistry. Also a certified preferred provider Invisalign dentist with years of experience in the service, Dr. Rosenfield has a passion for combining cosmetic, implant, and restorative dentistry in a caring, compassionate manner. He practices at Resnick & Rosenfield DDS and can be reached for more information through his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.